Transformation Central Texas STEM Center is a partnership between Education Service Centers, Region 13 (Austin) and Region 20 (San Antonio). Transformation Central serves central Texas and El Paso T-STEM Academies and other schools focusing on innovative Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) instruction.
The goals of Transformation Central are to:
- Align high school, post-secondary education, and economic development activities across the areas of STEM and the broader high school curriculum;
- Lead the transformation of teaching methods, teacher preparation, and instruction in science, technology, engineering, and math in the areas of high need across the state;
- Demonstrate how the implementation of T-STEM teaching and learning increases the number of Texas high school students from diverse backgrounds graduating prepared to succeed in post-secondary study and careers in STEM-related fields;
- Train administrators, principals, and teachers in effective leadership strategies for supporting T-STEM instruction in secondary schools; disseminate promising practices and research-based strategies for integrated STEM teaching and learning to all high schools; and
- Prepare Texas students for rewarding careers in science, technology, engineering, and math.